Monday, September 3, 2012


Where am I?

That's a question I often ask myself. My answer has been the same for a long time. I am not where I want to be. Not as far as the things I want to be doing that is. I have started traveling this road to my dreams late in life. So as my oldest son starts to move toward his, I am trying to move toward my own. A place in the near future.

I am moving toward this place that I have always envisioned myself being, and it feels like I am swimming in a pool of mud, pushing myself further, and harder to reach it. I am taking a second writing class, one that I was recommended for, that's a fact I am very proud of. It means that someone, a published writer (my professor), felt that my talent was worth moving forward.

My new professor is also a published writer and an artist. I could not have picked a better fit. So I am writing and dissecting one of my stories, so that in less then a year, I will be ready and prepared to look for someone to publish it, and to look for an agent willing to lead the way and take care of my best interests. That seems like a trip to mars on a pedal bike...but a trip I am taking.

So my friends, I end this blog today, listening to Creep by Radiohead. That's sort of strange isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment