Monday, September 17, 2012

Excuses

He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else.
- Benjamin Franklin

I hear excuses all day long. It gets tiresome really. I can expect this from children, but in my case, I hear them from adults and most of all from adults in laedership positions. At what point does someone like this stop making excuses, decide to take action, work with what they have, put in extra effort, and get things done?
I wish I had the answer, because in truth, I figure it out. I figure out to how to get things done and I don’t have the staff, or the time, or the resources, but I have pride. It is my pride that makes me analyze a situation and come up with a way to do what I have to do, with the resources available.
I feel that respect is earned, and when it comes to work and commitment to do good work, I think having pride it the best motivator. It perplexes me to see others who have so little pride that they have excuses at the ready, before the conversation even begins. They bring nothing to the table except more reason to doubt their benefit of having a job at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment