Sunday, February 27, 2011

Downright disappointment...

So, I have been told and have read over and over again that it is harder to publish a book then to write one. I have to agree. I have to submit query letters on a daily basis and hope that an agent or publisher wants to take the time, to give me a chance. My first query letter to my dream agent did not go so well, to say the least.

This was the response I received…

Dear Author:

Thank you so much for sending the Xxxxxx Literary Agency your query. We’d like to apologize for the impersonal nature of this standard rejection letter. Rest assured that we do read every query letter carefully and, unfortunately, this project is not right for us. Because this business is so subjective and opinions vary widely, we recommend that you pursue other agents. After all, it just takes one "yes" to find the right match.

Good luck with all your publishing endeavors.

Not horrible right. Well on that day this is what I read, “You suck and your book probably does too.” I was so depressed and almost every part of me wanted to give up and tell the dream I have to publish to go straight to hell and leave me alone! But after a day or so of moping and feeling like I would eventually drown in the metaphorical rain that the cloud over my head dumped on me, I decided that I was being completely foolish.

I heard JK’s own Harry Potter did not get picked up day one. So based on this and that the publishers who turned her down must feel like complete fools I hope that one day someone, somewhere, will give me an opportunity. Until then I will continue to move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment